Insurance Information for Acupuncture
Health Insurance and Workers Compensation for Acupuncture
1. Health Insurance for Acupuncture
Check points: Call your insurance company to find out if your health plan has acupuncture benefits; the number can be found on your insurance card.
- Any annual deductable, if so, how much has it been met this year.
- What is the coverage of acupuncture, percent or dollar amount per visit
- How many visits per year you can have for acupuncture treatments.
- We are out of network provider in ‘All the insurances.’
- If you are not sure of this whole procedure, just call our office at 310-401-3347with your insurance information; the name of insurance company and its phone number, your name, date of birth, insurance subscriber id number.
2. Workers’ Compensation for Acupuncture
“On Monday, July 21, 1997 Senate Bill 212 was signed into law. SB 212 will definitely include acupuncturists in the definition of “physician” for the purpose of treating injured employees entitled to workers’ compensation medical benefits. SB 212 will ensure that patients have the freedom to choose treatment from a healthcare provider that is most appropriate to their needs. Acupuncture has proven to be a safe and effective treatment and a valuable means of getting patients back into the work force.”
“Division of Worker’s Compensation in California”
Acupuncturists can be your primary physician in California and We help the work injured people. If you already have a primary physician who are currently treating you for the case and can ask the acupuncture referral and also talk to your adjustor with the information of the acupuncturist who you want to see.
3. Personal Injury for Acupuncture
Bring your lien and the claim information (claim#, insurance company, contact person and phone number etc.)
California Insurance Companies Covering Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Plus, Inc.
Phone: 888-8ACUPLUS (888-822-8758) or 800-889-1506
- Aetna Life
- AFTRA Health Fund
- Alternative Health Insurance Services (800) 966-8467
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- Directors Guild of America Producers Health Plans
- Fireman’s Fund
- Fremont Pacific Insurance Group
- UnitedHealth Care Insurance
- Los Angeles Firemen’s Relief Assoc
- Motion Picture Health Plan
- University of Southern California Self Insured Health Plan
- Writer’s Guild Industry Health Fund
Call 310-401-3347, TAO OF MEDICINE, ACUPUNCTURE AND WELLNESS SANTA MONICA, LOS ANGELES for Further Information.